In this episode, I get super vulnerable about my own personal experiences with bipolar rage – how they make me feel and behave along with how they affect those around me. Additionally, I read an article that further validates how I’ve felt while also pointing out some hard truths. You’ll leave this episode with more understanding about bipolar rage and, hopefully, feeling more empathetic to those of us who undergo these horrible episodes.
Below you’ll find resources to all of the things mentioned in the announcements at the beginning of this episode! I’ve also included another photo of Duke, as promised, so enjoy his puggy cuteness. ?
- Interested in reading some of Brené Brown’s books? OF COURSE you are! Check out my article, Brené Brown’s Books Ranked in Order of Most Valuable to learn more about each of her wonderful works as well as to get an idea of which of her 7 books to start with.
- Resilient definition (from the Merriam-Webster Dictionary) = capable of withstanding shock without permanent deformation or rupture; tending to recover from or adjust easily to misfortune or change
- Anti-fragile definition (from Dictionary.com) = becoming more robust when exposed to stressors, uncertainty, or risk
- If you haven’t already, be sure to check out the helpful Medication Tracking 2024 Wall Calendars that I designed! You can find them in my Etsy Shop, Bailey’s Way Designs – act fast to receive your order before the holidays!
Self Reflection Corner
So in this episode I spent some time updating y’all on a recent self discovery that I made. This one is about how much involvement I can take on when helping my friends plan their events. While speaking from the heart about this topic, I referred back to the “first official” trip that I went on with my fiancé and his friends which was to Hot Springs, Arkansas, as I learned some valuable lessons that helped me to be able to explain this new self discovery. That said, if you haven’t tuned into Travel Tales #2: Fun Times with Friends in Hot Springs, Arkansas, I recommend that you do so. ?
- Here’s the article that I read from during this episode which I found on ADAA.org (The Anxiety & Depression Association of America) titled, An Unrecognized Symptom of Bipolar Disorder: Rage, written by Dominique Castro
- I can’t remember if I mentioned this in the episode, but if you haven’t already, tune into Season 2. Episode 14: That’s Not Me, That’s Bipolar Disorder to learn more about how bipolar disorder can sometimes take over during an episode in a way that’s not necessarily controllable for the person experiencing it. This is something that I’ve struggled to get people to understand for years, so finding the article that led me to create this podcast episode was truly valuable and insightful – for both myself and my loved ones.
- Want more resources for helping with managing anger? Tune into Season 2, Episode 2: Anger Management; Bailey’s Way for more!
- Don’t forget to head on over to magicmind.com/baileysway and use code BAILEYSWAY20 to receive up to 56% off your next purchase of Magic Mind
- Have a recent win you want me to celebrate with you? Head on over to the Win of the Week webpage and submit your win for me to shoutout on an upcoming episode of the show!
- Here’s the link to get 15% off your first purchase from my Etsy Shop, Bailey’s Way Designs: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BaileysWayDesigns?coupon=NEWCUSTOMER15
- Be sure to follow @distressedtojoyful_baileysway on Instagram and join the Facebook community group to keep up with the latest information pertaining to the show!
- The podcast can now be found on YouTube! ? The most recent episodes will even include video so you can see my face while I talk to you. ?? Be sure to check out and subscribe to @whatisheybailsdoing on YouTube to stay up-to-date with all episode releases.
- Never want to miss an episode? Click here to sign up to have new episode releases sent right to your inbox! I’ll throw in some other goodies also, just for you!
- Lastly, if you enjoy tuning in and want to help support the show, your kindness and generosity is much appreciated! Head on over to the Support the Show page to learn more!
Until next time friends… Take it easy, stay grateful and be joyful!
Check out the show notes from the latest episodes below!