12. STOP the Stigmas! – Distressed to Joyful; Bailey’s Way
First of all, THANK YOU for listening to this episode. Stigmas play a huge part in the reasons as to why people don’t seek help as well as why they’re afraid to tell others about the current condition of their mental health. This is the first in a two-part show series about the common misconceptions and myths about bipolar disorder.
- For the article I cited from Laguna Treatment Hospital titled “How Does Drug Abuse Affect Someone with Bipolar Disorder?”, click here.
- Here‘s some information about the Netflix series Narcos and here’s the link for Narcos: Mexico in case you want to check them out based on what I mentioned in the show or just if you’re looking for something new to binge-watch. Options are slim these days as we’re still sitting out this pandemic so no judgement!
- Click here for the article on Psych Central where I got information about some of the common myths about bipolar disorder.
- If you haven’t seen the movie Silver Linings Playbook and can promise me that you’re perception of those diagnosed with bipolar disorder won’t change after watching it, feel free to click this link to read more about the story line.
Be sure to check out Episode 13: STOP the Stigmas! – Round 2 in order to hear more about the myths and common misconception s about the disorder. Thank you for being here and taking the time to educate yourself. Whether or not you or someone you know has BPD, just know that you’re helping to make the world a much better place as you expand your mind and learn to see the world from a different point of view.
Until next time… Take it easy, stay grateful and be joyful!