In this episode, I speak directly from the heart on a recent self discovery – the reason behind why I’m such an overachiever. I go into detail about the 2 main reasons why I tend to overachieve, and you may be able to relate. You’ll leave this episode with a greater sense of understanding how our adult behaviors often stem from our childhood. Additionally, I leave you with a small yet significant challenge that will help you gain a greater sense of self.
As promised, below you’ll find both the professional photos (taken by Vio from The Paris Photographer) from Monish’s beautiful proposal to me in Paris, France along with the professional video that was made by Ohana.
The People Who Made This Proposal Possible:
- Proposal Planner: Pauline – https://instagram.com/lesentremetteuses_paris
- Photographer: The Paris Photographer – https://instagram.com/theparisphotographer & Vio – https://instagram.com/vioparis
- Videographer: Ohana – https://instagram.com/ohana.paris
- Violinist: Mari – https://instagram.com/mari_violino
My Challenge For You…
Take some time to slow down and reflect on yourself – your choices, your behaviors, your habits, etc. First, take a moment to review your strengths and all of the things that you love about yourself. Next, take a look at a few of your weaknesses and attributes that might be causing you some problems… Do you, like me, have a need to overachieve? Do you struggle with giving yourself the validation that you need? Once you recognize one thing that you’d like to change, take some time to reflect, journal, talk with your therapist – do whatever it is you need to do in order to move forward and let go of whatever it is that is holding you back.
- So I was wrong… The Brene Brown book that taught me how to embrace joy and let go of the need to always be productive was actually The Gifts of Imperfection, not Braving The Wilderness. Regardless, both of these books are excellent reads and I highly recommend you check them out, along with the rest of Brene Brown’s incredible books that I’ve listed below:
- If you haven’t already, be sure to tune into Season 4, Episode 3: I HATED Being in My House While Growing Up; Here’s Why to hear a few more details about my issues with always feeling like I need to be productive.
- Have a recent win you want me to celebrate with you? Head on over to the Win of the Week webpage and submit your win for me to shoutout on an upcoming episode of the show!
- Here’s the link to get 15% off your first purchase from my Etsy Shop, Bailey’s Way Designs: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BaileysWayDesigns?coupon=NEWCUSTOMER15
- Be sure to follow @distressedtojoyful_baileysway on Instagram and join the Facebook community group to keep up with the latest information pertaining to the show!
- The podcast can now be found on YouTube! ? The most recent episodes will even include video so you can see my face while I talk to you. ?? Be sure to check out and subscribe to @whatisheybailsdoing on YouTube to stay up-to-date with all episode releases.
- Never want to miss an episode? Click here to sign up to have new episode releases sent right to your inbox! I’ll throw in some other goodies also, just for you!
- Lastly, if you enjoy tuning in and want to help support the show, your kindness and generosity is much appreciated! Head on over to the Support the Show page to learn more!
One last reminder before I sign off….
Until next time friends… Take it easy, stay grateful and be joyful!
Check out the show notes from the latest episodes below!