Tune in as I discuss why I’ve been absent from podcasting these past few weeks along with my personal theory as to what’s caused this.. Additionally, I explain how my self awareness has enabled me to take cues from my body to better understand what I’m feeling. You’ll leave this episode feeling inspired and ready to learn more about YOUR OWN body and mind.
***There is NO YouTube version of this episode – the app that I use to record video glitched and the video I recorded for this episode never saved. ?? Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause! I’m working on finding a better app to use to prevent this issue from arising again. Thanks for your patience!
- Interested in learning more about EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) therapy? Check out this article found on emdr.com to gain a better understanding about this intensive therapy that I’ve been undergoing lately.
- As I mentioned in this episode, CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) is not the same as EMDR therapy, but here’s an article found on the American Psychological Association website where you can learn more about this type of therapy.
- The National Institute of Mental Health has a wonderful article where you can learn more about PTSD if you’re curious! If you want to learn more about Complex PTSD specifically, check out this wonderful article found on VeryWellMind.com – I actually didn’t describe C-PTSD 100% correctly, so definitely take a moment to read this article if you want to better understand!
- Here’s the definition of the word distress in case you, like me, need it. ?
- If you haven’t already tuned into S3. Episode 10: The Body Keeps the Score or S2. Episode 11: Reckless Driving + My Bipolar Disorder, here’s your reminder to do so. ?
- The most recent book that I’m reading is called It Didn’t Start With You: How Inherited Family Trauma Shapes Who We Are and How to End the Cycle by Mark Wolynn – it’s a fascinating read! Check it out for yourself.
- Have a recent win you want me to celebrate with you? Head on over to the Win of the Week webpage and submit your win for me to shoutout on an upcoming episode of the show!
- Here’s the link to get 15% off your first purchase from my Etsy Shop, Bailey’s Way Designs: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BaileysWayDesigns?coupon=NEWCUSTOMER15
- Be sure to follow @distressedtojoyful_baileysway on Instagram and join the Facebook community group to keep up with the latest information pertaining to the show!
- The podcast can now be found on YouTube! ? The most recent episodes will even include video so you can see my face while I talk to you. ?? Be sure to check out and subscribe to @whatisheybailsdoing on YouTube to stay up-to-date with all episode releases.
- Never want to miss an episode? Click here to sign up to have new episode releases sent right to your inbox! I’ll throw in some other goodies also, just for you!
- Lastly, if you enjoy tuning in and want to help support the show, your kindness and generosity is much appreciated! Head on over to the Support the Show page to learn more!
Until next time friends… Take it easy, stay grateful and be joyful!
Check out the show notes from the latest episodes below!