Sometimes things happen in life that really get us down. We may feel hopeless, angry, or stuck, among other things. The upside is that we don’t have to feel this way – WE are the only ones in control of our own happiness! Tune in as I speak from the heart about how I let life get me down (and keep me down) this past year. More importantly, I talk in detail about a few of the things I’m doing to help me get back up and feel more like my happy, positive self again.
Self Reflection Corner
This is a new segment that I’ve created as a way to share some of the things that I’ve learned about myself along my healing journey. This week’s topic was “Showing Up” as I recently realized that I’m triggered when people don’t show up for me because my parents never showed up for me in the way that I wanted/needed. Last year I released an episode titled, “I Wish My Parents Would Have” that talks more extensively about some of the things that I wish my parents would’ve been able to better support me. If you haven’t already, tune into this episode for more insight, especially if you’re a parent yourself.
- Having a daily gratitude practice is something that I heavily encourage you to do for yourself. A few resources include my article, Give Thanks Every Day, and Season 2, Episode 15: “How Gratitude Changed My Life”
- As for friends… Check out this incredible episode on the Goal Digger Podcast, “How to Actually Make and Keep Friends as a Busy Entrepreneur”
- If you’re interested in learning more about India, I’m here to help! ? Start by tuning into Travel Tales #6: India Trip Day 1 (Part 1) – Arrival
- Check out my new pug puppy’s Instagram – @pugtasticduke! I’m so beyond excited to finally have my own pug. ? If you’re a pug mom like me, you can purchase the cute “I’m not like a regular mom, I’m a PUG MOM” shirt that I wore while recording this podcast episode via my Etsy Shop – here’s the link
- Also, if you haven’t see Doug the Pug on Instagram, check out his profile – @itsdougthepug
- Have a recent win you want me to celebrate with you? Head on over to the Win of the Week webpage and submit your win for me to shoutout on an upcoming episode of the show!
- Here’s the link to get 15% off your first purchase from my Etsy Shop, Bailey’s Way Designs: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BaileysWayDesigns?coupon=NEWCUSTOMER15
- Be sure to follow @distressedtojoyful_baileysway on Instagram and join the Facebook community group to keep up with the latest information pertaining to the show!
- The podcast can now be found on YouTube! ? The most recent episodes will even include video so you can see my face while I talk to you. ?? Be sure to check out and subscribe to @whatisheybailsdoing on YouTube to stay up-to-date with all episode releases.
- Never want to miss an episode? Click here to sign up to have new episode releases sent right to your inbox! I’ll throw in some other goodies also, just for you!
- Lastly, if you enjoy tuning in and want to help support the show, your kindness and generosity is much appreciated! Head on over to the Support the Show page to learn more!
Until next time friends… Take it easy, stay grateful and be joyful!
Check out the show notes from the latest episodes below!