Tune in as I discuss the nightmares I’ve been dealing with recently as well as the probable cause of them… I dive into the research that I’ve done on the topic of trauma and nightmares, and I also take some time to recount a few of my own nightmares with you. If you’re also experiencing nightmares, this episode will help you to not feel alone in this struggle while encouraging you to seek the help you may need.
- Here is the article from Psychiatry.org titled, What is Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)?
- I read a portion from an article located on SleepFoundation.org titled How Trauma Affect Dreams that I recommend you head over to and read the rest of as it is very insightful!
- In case you need further proof, here is the link to the Oxford Dictionary definition of nightmare
- I referenced Season 2, Episode 11: “Reckless Driving + My Bipolar Disorder“ many times in the beginning of this episode, so if you still haven’t been able to tune into this episode, now is the time 😉
- In the beginning of this episode, I mentioned the importance of “play” which I’ve learned from Brené Brown. With that being said, here’s a wonderful podcast episode on the topic of play from July 2021 on the Unlocking Us podcast that Brene hosts.
- For all of you over-achievers out there ;), here’s the link to the book, The Body Keeps the Score, that we will dive into deeply in the next episode of the show!
- Don’t forget to check out Magic Mind and give it a try for yourself! Head over to https://www.magicmind.co/Joy and use code JOY20 at checkout to receive 20% off your order!
- Dude, you should definitely send in your “what a weirdo” habits! Click here to submit them anonymously through the awesome What A Weirdo form that I created just for you!
- Be sure to follow @distressedtojoyful_baileysway on Instagram and join the Facebook community group to keep up with the latest information pertaining to the show!
- Never want to miss an episode? Click here to sign up to have new episode releases sent right to your inbox! I’ll throw in some other goodies also, just for you!
Behold! The only pair of luxury shoes that I own (which I bought used) that were the topic of interest in my “Who stole my shoes?” nightmare.
Until next time friends… Take it easy, stay grateful and be joyful!
Check out the show notes from the latest episodes below!