Also found on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, and YouTube.
In this episode, I speak straight from the heart and discuss why I hated being in my family home while growing up. I take the time to explain what I’ve learned about myself from this, how it’s affected me into adulthood and why I’ve dubbed myself the “queen of self-inviting”. By tuning in, I hope to help those with similar pasts feel less alone and give parents of young children and teenagers a new perspective…
- Here’s the link to the recent blog post I wrote, “We’re All More Alike Than We May Realize“
- I mentioned Season 3, Episode 11: This Is What Depression Feels Like during this episode, so be sure to tune into it if you haven’t already!
- Don’t forget to watch Ted Lasso if you haven’t already! Here’s the link to it on Apple TV for your convenience. 😉
- At one point during this episode, I briefly spoke about how I am now vegetarian. This came to be a lifestyle for both myself and my partner, Monish, after completing a challenge dubbed “Vegan January” in 2021. Check out Vegan January Recap to learn more about this experience and why we chose to never eat meat again!
- I mentioned the Enneagram during this episode and if you’re unsure of what that is, tune into Season 2, Episode 4: What Is The Enneagram? to learn more!
- If you happen to not know what some of the 2000s TV channels that I mentioned during this episode are, below are the Wikipedia pages to explain more.
- Disney Channel – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Channel
- Animal Planet – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Planet
- Discovery Channel – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_Channel
- Remember that you are ALLOWED to have fun and do things, just for the fuck of it! Check out It’s My Birthday I’ll Be Extra If I Want To and 4 Fabulous Birthday Photoshoot Ideas to see one of my all-time favorite things to do, just for the fuck of it. 😉💖
- If you need a little help allowing yourself to have fun, I suggest reading Braving The Wilderness by Brene Brown. I read this book in 2019 and found it to be just what I needed to learn to let go and let loose!
- Have a recent win you want me to celebrate with you? Head on over to the Win of the Week webpage and submit your win for me to shoutout on an upcoming episode of the show!
- Here’s the link to get 15% off your first purchase from my Etsy Shop, Bailey’s Way Designs: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BaileysWayDesigns?coupon=NEWCUSTOMER15
- Be sure to follow @distressedtojoyful_baileysway on Instagram and join the Facebook community group to keep up with the latest information pertaining to the show!
- The podcast can now be found on YouTube! 🤩 The most recent episodes will even include video so you can see my face while I talk to you. 😉😂 Be sure to check out and subscribe to @whatisheybailsdoing on YouTube to stay up-to-date with all episode releases.
- Never want to miss an episode? Click here to sign up to have new episode releases sent right to your inbox! I’ll throw in some other goodies also, just for you!
- Lastly, if you enjoy tuning in and want to help support the show, your kindness and generosity is much appreciated! Head on over to the Support the Show page to learn more!
Until next time friends… Take it easy, stay grateful and be joyful!
Check out the show notes from the latest episodes below!